Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 19, 2008

Not a hair out of place

Time is precious when you're a mother of three young Things. It's become so precious, actually, that I haven't managed to schedule myself a hair cut yet in 2008. I finally found some time and managed to book an appointment to have my hair coloured and cut (figured I might as well get as much bang for my buck as I could, right?) this past weekend. It was delightful and exhilarating to sit quietly for 90 minutes in a comfy chair while somebody else took care of me. When Joanne asked me what I wanted to have done, and what colour I wanted to have in my hair, I just sort of looked at her, stunned and in another world. I hardly cared what I looked like when I left the salon, it was all about the *act* for me. But, she knows me well and took good care of me. I am now the proud owner of a nice head of rich, brown hair (basically my natural colour without any more gray roots!), slightly shorter, and more layered.


We had a not-very-exciting long weekend. The weather wasn't typical May warm weather in Ottawa, so we were inside a bit more than we'd hoped. I spent several days laughing hysterically after watching the season finale of The Office last week. Seriously, there's not much funnier on television these days. If you're not a fan, then I assume you don't share my dry and sometimes unique sense of humour. I was in love with the Supertramp rendition at Toby's going away party - WAY too freaking hysterical.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 kept themselves busy for the most part this weekend. They built a ship and sailed the seven seas . . .


And then they tried desperately to appear cute. Hmmmmm, they've got that down pat I think :-)
No new pictures of the giant baby, she slept and smiled her way through the weekend. She will be four months this week and I'm intrigued to go to our doctor's appointment on Thursday to see how much she weighs. If you want to check out a cute lil' 8-pounder, see my new nephew Hunter on Lauren's blog. He is just gorgeous!!!

4 comments:

Donna M said...

Your hair looks great! I love it layered like that.
Cute pics of the boys. Sorry your weekend weather was kind of damp!

Anonymous said...

The Office is the BEST show on tv. I can watch reruns over and over and over and still laugh!! I am still rooting for Pam and Jim and now I am left hanging yet again....

dougnlarry said...

Your hair looks GREAT! Sorry your weekend was bleh. It's colder and rainy here today and it stinks. I hope your weather is better now.

Landerson said...

Holy hot Mama! Lookin' good Shan:))

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs