Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thing 1 on milk production

I mean, really, there are some things that are just impossible not to blog about, right?

As I was nursing Thing 3 this morning (that's right, she still does not take a bottle or a sippy cup), Thing 1 became interested and oddly intrigued with the process of lactation. It's not like he's never seen me nurse her before, and I nursed Thing 2 for over a year, and had nursed him as well . . . but as the inexplicable mind of a four-year-old works, today was the day that he chose to be perplexed about the whole thing.

"She gets the milk from your boobie, right mommy?"

"Yep, that's right, buddy."

And then, as I sit patiently and wait for what the next question would be, the kid hits me with THIS:

"I get it now, mommy. You have those nipples so you can swish and stir the milk all around and have it ready to go when Leah starts sucking."

Uh, something like that.

10 comments:

Tammi Hayne said...

Priceless. Out of the mouth of babes.

Kristen said...

No he did not!! Wow!! If it counts for anything, I think you handled it great. Lord knows what they are going to say you know?

Happy weekend friend! :)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

HAHAHAHA!! I never had any of those conversations :( I wish I could have from reading yours!

So freakin' funny, Shannon!

-Andrea

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is too funny!

Right now, my daughter just says "Mommy pump milk." I'll take that!

You handled it well.

Unknown said...

Don't you just love how they have it all figured out at the tender age of 4? ; )

dougnlarry said...

ROFL! I love kids. They provide endless entertainment. :)

JenEverAfter said...

OHHH! So THAT'S how it works! I've never had it explained to me so simply. I FINALLY understand!

Unknown said...

Lol! That is too funny!! Thanks for the early morning laugh :)

Landerson said...

Awwwwww, to be 4 again! Very cute:) Blog looks great btw!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

I am laughing out loud - that' just what I needed this AM! Love the new blog look!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs