Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The evolution of mommy hair

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek




I splurged this week and had my hair cut and coloured. This is terribly exciting for a busy mom of three Things who has very little excitement in her life outside of getting to the bus on time. After having short hair for years, I decided to grow it longer. After the birth of Thing 2 in October 2005, I committed myself to the hell that is growing out your hair.

A year later, things were looking pretty good . . . just in time for our holiday photos. My hair stylist convinced me to go with some blonde. Completely not me, but I had a lot of fun with it.

I kept growing it and growing it and growing it.

In April 2008, I had reached my goal. "Longish" hair that I could completely sweep back in a ponytail if I so desired.

After I had Thing 3, I had (for the third time) tremendous hair loss. It fell out in gargantuan clumps and managed to clog my shower each and every morning. I feared I would soon be bald, however, just when things became truly grim, the shedding stopped. I recently began to notice new hair growth . . . to the tune of 2 inch hairs sprouting out all over the top of my head. I began to resemble a porcupine as I pulled my strands back into my trusty elastic band. Pieces stuck up everywhere!!

So I put my trust in Joanne again and allowed her - two days ago - to use her discretion and do what she felt was best for my current situation. I was terrified to re-enter the domain of bangs after spending nearly THREE years to grow mine out, but I have to admit, the whole new look is growing on me.

(There you go, mom, I know you like me better with bangs anyway!)

31 comments:

Cecily R said...

LOVE the new haircut! You ROCK the bangs!!!!

Megan said...

I LOVE IT! you look so great in every one of your "phases", and the bangs are totally cool! you're one hot mama!

Megan

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

I agree with Megan! You look beautiful in all the pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh. my. gosh.

I LOVE IT!!

It looks so good, Shannon!!

Unknown said...

I loved seeing your many dos and I love your newest one!

Jen said...

You remind me of Rachel McAdams the way you change your hair around so much. There must be something in the water up there in Canada!! Looks cute--like the color and bangs!! I actually think the blonde looked really good on you too.

Donna M said...

U-da Girl! Looks really good! I love the bangs and the whole do!

Rachel said...

I love it!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!

PSF - Cruel and Unusual Punishment

amanda said...

whew whew honey!!

looks awesome :)

CC said...

Cute!!!!! My mom always says that I was the reason her brief experiment with long hair was a bust!

Bren said...

Love the new do! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love it and I think that bangs suit you. :) I'm about to embark on the journey of growing out the hair only to chop it as I REALLY want to donate to Locks of Love. It's going to be a long ride.

Unknown said...

OH you look great!

I hear you on the losing hair after pregnancy thing. I lost hair like crazy after both of boys were born.

Indrani said...

You look great! I have never experimented with my hair. Now his motivates me. :)

Hannah said...

oh wow that looks great. I love the color too!

Grace said...

I suffer from chronic mom 'do, too, but your hair looks awesome! I love the color.

MomOf4 said...

You look very nice with your new 'do. The dark hair is very pretty. I have 3 kiddos too and to get to the salon is an event! Great haircut!

tiarastantrums said...

oh hair oh hair why do we obsess thee!!

( Love the bangs and color!)

dougnlarry said...

I love it! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

You look great with all hair style but i do really like your most recent. Love the dark color.

I hear you on the hairloss after having a baby, I am still dealing with the sprouting 2 inch hairs, so annoying!

Leslee P said...

i think you look sassy, i love the bob with bangs... it is what i sport too... i can still pull some of it up and pin back my bangs if i like... i did spend 2.5 years growing out my bangs in High School... I said I would never have them again... Katie Holms totally changed my mind. I can feel fun and funky and smart and Mom-like all at the same time... i like the color too.

Sus said...

You look beautiful! I went for a YEAR without a hair cut after my second was born. When I finally went back, I went to Bo-rics so I could commit myself to regular haircuts ($15 a pop instead of $60). It's fine, but it's not as good as yours. :)

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Sassy and Fabulous! I too went through the major hair loss after both babies. There was some serious cloggage every time I showered!

I think you look great and I really do like the new do!

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

So cute! You are brave, I just can't cut mine!

C! said...

I love it - very cute! You look good in all of your different phases - I love how you can totally change the look and still look great!

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

They look great. And, I know the feeling. It's tough to just go for it.

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Rebecca said...

LOVE the new hair cut Shans, you look faboo girl!!! :)

Anti-Supermom said...

You look great! I partial to bangs myself :)

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

OK, I hadn't missed too much!!! Can you tell I'm reading from the most current down? LOVE the cut - like everyone else has said, you're totally rockin' the bangs!

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty...I really love the new cut. No matter what you've done with your hair, it looks great, but I REALLY like this new style! Very very flattering.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs