Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 10, 2008

Taking stock of socks

I am *so* lucky. I have a ridiculously talented mom. Some of you know her - she is the Nova Knitter.

This morning I was taking stock of my socks (no pun intended), as we have some cooler temperatures gracing us with their presence this week. I like my feet warm. If my feet are warm and cozy, I am a happy person. A happy person makes a happy mom and wife, which in turn (if you do the math correctly) equals one wonderfully-happy family.

I pulled out all my hand-knit wool socks my mom has made me over the past few years. I have over TEN pair!! (Some were in the laundry and one pair were on my feet when I took this picture.) See that bright red pair, third from the left? I delivered all three of my babies wearing those cozy feet-huggers. I think they were good luck for me.

They're so colourful, I can usually match a pair to any outfit I'm wearing. They're also not itchy because they are made with fancy, expensive sock yarn (excuse me Nova Knitter for not knowing all the proper terminology). I LOVE THEM.


And Thing 2 LOVES them too!!


11 comments:

Tammi Hayne said...

My sister, Krista, is a knitting-a-holic. She's been knitting non-stop (well besides when she's breast feeding) while she's been on mat leave. I've been graced with three pairs so far this year and I love them. Wearing "bought" socks just does not seem the same anymore. I try to wash them as quickly as possible so I can get them back in rotation. I'm secretly hoping for more at Christmas :)

Unknown said...

Those look like the most comfortable socks ever!

I am such a sock lover, too...I need to learn how to knit!

Kristen said...

OK, I am thinking your mom needs to do a giveaway on your blog!!!

Those look like the most comfortable socks EVER!!!

:)

Megan said...

ok, those are SO sweet! too much! i love all the colors! and they're handmade!

Megan

Donna M said...

David might get more socks on our next trip to Ottawa!

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are just too fabulous!

We are *so* in sync with Kristen's comment on a giveaway! (Could we be any more rude? "Hi, you don't know me but I insist you have a contest and start giving away socks.")

Grins & Giggles!
tp

CC said...

I wish myself or my family was crafty!!

When my 3 year old saw all those sock pictures she kept saying, "That's so cute! That's soooo cute!"

Anti-Supermom said...

Yep, I'm voting for a giveaway too.

Those look super cozy for those Minnesota winters here.

Just the Four of Us said...

K, can your mom, like, sell those or something?? COZY! I love socks! Warm feet make me happy too.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I am not a sock person at all but I'm pretty sure I could wear those socks. They are awesome!!

And we all want to have Mama be happy! So bring on the socks!

-Andrea

Sus said...

Wow that is WONDERFUL. I want some. Can she make you leg warmers? Cause they're BACK! I just bought some at Target yesterday. Oh yes. They're back.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs