Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 24, 2008

We're off

Well, the time has come for me to sign off for a little while. I'm not nearly organized enough to have posts appear while I'm away, and although I will try desperately to post something while I am on vacation . . . I will be honest when I say, it just might not happen.

My husband reminded me what a basket-case I become before we leave on vacation. Checklists, last minute errands, packing, and barking orders are a way of life for me this week. I tend to fear the unknown. I get agitated easily.

What is traveling in a van for several days with THREE small children like? Will Thing 1 vomit? Again? Will we get any sleep in the hotel the first night? Will we drive my family nuts? Will they drive us nuts? Will will be safe? And happy?

So, of course once I close the door van tomorrow morning and head East, all my concerns will be muted and a sense of calm will come over me. Because I will be able to focus on where we are going.

And why.

First, we will stop here.

We will swim in this river. The boys will have a blast. They will meet their new cousin.

These three are all one year older. Two of them are that much louder. And there are two more. Yes, that is FIVE kids.

This one came out in January, we call her Thing 3. She takes up an extra car seat in the van.

We will then travel to and spend time here.

It's really awesome. The water is @#$&! cold.

And last, but not least, we will probably end up doing a lot of this.


Au revoir mes amis!!!

21 comments:

Donna M said...

You may be frazzled, but it will be worth it to come east and breathe in some of that wonderful ocean air! We are looking forward to seeing all the things!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Have a WONDERFUL time! Pre-vacation frazzle is normal without kids, so adding 3 to the mix must be insane. You're going to have a blast and all will be fine. Make sure to take TONS of pics so you can document for us when you return! BTW, the sights look beautiful!!! Safe travels!

Landerson said...

Yay!!!!! Can't wait to see you all:o)

Kristen said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Enjoy that beautiful Canadian scenery as you make your way to the coast.

Remember everything in stride. No use worrying about what might or might not happen!

Have a FABULOUS time relaxing with the family!

amanda said...

uhm can i come too??

looks beautiful friend.

and as one traveling mama who just returned home - everything will be fine. promise. there might be bumps and not so much sleeping. but in the end, all totally worth it :)

safe travels!!

Megan said...

wow! i want to come! hope it's amazing!

Megan

The Mom Jen said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday! Look forward to lots of pics when you get back.

Unknown said...

Wow, your vacation looks like so much fun! You will be missed and I hope you have a blast!

Laural Out Loud said...

Have a great time!

Anti-Supermom said...

I'm going a vacation too, it looks like a ton of people in the blogworld are. Have FUN and let all that pre-vacation stress out the window when you finally arrive.

I'm looking forward to some good pictures!

JoeGirl said...

Ah, the East Coast. Gorgeous. I haven't been out there in a while, but do so long another trip to Cape Breton, Newfoundland, Halifax... amazing country, and incredible people. Like another world.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Joe

ROBYN said...

Have a safe and happy trip!

Driving with three kids is a great time, lol. We just did it a few weeks ago and well we all survived.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Liz said...

We will all miss you but will be here when you get back. :-)

Mama Les said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! (I have 2 toddlers and a babe as well!)

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Wow, this make me want to head east! Dave and I have talked about doing a cross country trek and these photos make me want to go today.
Beautiful!
And I so hear you about the pre trip frazzle, yup, that is me!
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I'm a pre-travel maniac too. I hope you have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

dougnlarry said...

I can't wait to hear about it and see pics when you get back!

One Crazy Chick! said...

Hope you are having a BLAST!

OHmommy said...

Have a GREAT time!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs