Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 13, 2008

More on Thing 4

OK . . . I was catching up on some bleading tonight (blog reading - duh!??) and saw this on Creative Momma's site. I am nothing if not a sucker for a cute cocker spaniel, so I thought I'd dig deep into the PC archives to find some goodies.

In March of 2003 I went home for spring break to visit my mom and dad. Paul wasn't able to get the time off work, but since I was a teacher I had a week off. We drove down to visit my uncle for lunch one day, and to see his new litter of puppies. He'd bred one of his two cocker spaniels, and he had the litter at home. He graciously offered me one of the pups.

I fell head over heels in love.

Instantly.

I soon e-mailed Paul, back at home, this picture.

And a short time later . . . I was the owner of this.

We named him Rudy, after our very, very favourite all time movie about a football player from Notre Dame.

He was our first baby. He had just turned one when we had Thing 1 in March of 2004.

As a matter of fact, he was there when I gave birth to him.

He got cuter and cuter.

And although we love him to death, he has caused us some angst over time.

But we love that little guy more than anything and he is our true Thing 4, and will always be one of the gang here. Thanks for putting up with us buddy!! Here he is last week sporting a new short summer haircut.


11 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so cute! I can now see how you fell in love with him so easily :)

PS--I love that movie, too!

Rachel said...

Awww... what a cutie!

Kristen said...

He is so so so so CUTE!

Oh my goodness, I want to rub his ears!

Megan said...

oh, what a sweet puppy- he reminds me of lady and the tramp, of course- and those sweet soft ears!!!

Megan

Landerson said...

Awwwwww:o)

amanda said...

speaking of short summer hair...yours looks adorable!!

i love it like that :)

Carol said...

Wow, I am amazed you managed to not come home with 2 puppies. Completely adorable. I would have wanted them all.

I didn't even realise it was you at first with the short hair, Clearly my observation skills aren't terrific.

Jenny said...

Rudy is so cute!
I love that movie too...one of my all time favs. Makes me cry everytime.
Yes, we decided to change the name of our blog to make it more creative and personal.
Happy Monday!

Tricia said...

what a cute & good doggie! Our Jenny dog was our first baby too. ;) Tricia

Anonymous said...

I love Cocker Spaniels. They are on my very short list of dogs that I think are cute. (I'm not really a dog person)

Oh and I love the movie Rudy! I think it fits him!

Lisa said...

I grew up with a cocker who looked just like your Rudy! Oh how I love cocker spaniels! And Rudy? Seeing how we are enormous Notre Dame fans, love the name!!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs