Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 21, 2008

Quickie weekend wrap up

While faced with some less-than-stellar weather on the weekend, we decided to take the kids to the Children's Museum for a few hours. They were holding a Bob The Builder exhibit, so I figured it would be fun for Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Climb aboard out tour bus and enjoy the ride!

Thing 2 hops on Muck and gets ready to get down to business.

Thing 1 sports his hard hat and orders Lofty to the next building site.

Thing 1 rides his first camel.

Later that day daddy decided to torture them and make them pose for a photo in our big tree.

Notice the looks of fear in their eyes? Yes, that's real.

And I hit the kitchen like a madwoman again.

Here is the famous granola . . .

We made these spring rolls for friends who came over to dinner Sunday night. They were sered with a spicy Thai sauce . . . they were truly delicious and the best part of the meal, I thought. I will try to post the recipe later when I have more time. It's fairly long.

And for desert I finally caved in and made a Boston Cream Pie. Which isn't pie AT ALL, it's cake! Not sure what recipe rock I'd been living under, but I'm so glad I figured it all out and gave it a whirl. It was amazing. Everyone agreed.


Yes, EVERYONE.

16 comments:

JoeGirl said...

That looks like a pretty fab weekend! We have the exact same picture of our older son on the CMC camel. Every Ottawa parent probably does! ;)

I've never made those Spring Rolls, but have had them at several dinner parties. Looking forward to seeing your recipe. And the pie cake! I can taste it now!!!

Am enjoying your blog - keep writing! ;)

Anonymous said...

Noah would LOVE that museum. Where do you live?

Lara said...

hope you guys had fun at the museum - i think K will just keep enjoying it more and more the older he gets :)

And I really want the recipe for those spring rolls - unless you just want to make me some, I'd take that too ;)

dougnlarry said...

How fun the BTB exhibit was! I can tell the boys had a blast!

That Boston Creme Pie looks delish!

Anonymous said...

I will be checking back for the recipe for the spring rolls. They look fantastic.

I was just thinking the other day about Bob the Builder. My son loved that show, but I haven't seen it lately. Is it still on? Do they still make new episodes? I wouldn't know because Sponge Bob has taken over our tv (morning, noon and night--who knew that they could make so many episodes from a dumb sponge??).

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Just came though Kristen and am having a blast reading your blog. I love how you have "thing 1, 2".....ets
That is so cute!
What a fun museum, and spring rolls, mmm, and pie cake, my gosh, I am drooling, yummo!

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend! And your food looks sooo yummy. I can't wait for the recipe!

Megan said...

amazing- the rolls, and the pie- that's a cake! :) i loved the dog :)

Megan

Donna M said...

Looks like a fun weekend!
The Boston Cream pie/cake looks delicious!

amanda said...

looks like a super fun weekend!!

do you happen to have any leftovers of the boston creme pie??

or did your lovely little doggie finish it off?

:)

OHmommy said...

Teehee... "Yes. Everyone" made me laugh out loud. Those Thai rolls look amazing. And that cake is to die for.

Anti-Supermom said...

I think that Bob the BUilder exhibit was in Minneapolis, it rocked, at least for my 4 year old.

The cake looks so good, can I lick my screen?! I hope you shared a tiny piece with your dog!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Wow! What a weekend! And weren't you busy in the kitchen... it all looks delicious!

Love the puppy begging for cake! I can't say as I disagree with his opinion - it looks amazing!

-Andrea

Kristen said...

You need to post the recipe to your granola sometime. I keep seeing you twitter about it, and think it sounds yummy!!

Looks like such a fun weekend. Hope your packing is going well. Just know there is someone in the US feeling your pain! :)

Anonymous said...

That last picture is the best! If I was at your table I would have had the same look on my face.

Mama Les said...

Your Boston Creme pie looks YUM!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs