Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Back in the bloggerhood

I have been absent from the bloggerhood for a good few days now. We certainly got walloped with this stomach flu. But all is not lost, and I'd go as far to say that I've learned a good solid few lessons from all this. I try to seek out the positive in all things, so I'm gonna dig deep here and aim for that as I slowly emerge from one of the least fun weeks of my entire life.

1) Valuable life lesson learned - WATCH what you say OUT LOUD. Be wary about open comments like "we are all feeling better now" . . . when in fact another child waiting to throw up or poop his pants is right around the corner. This should also include phrases like "I think we've kicked this" (when we hadn't) or "it wasn't really that bad" (when it really was that bad). My personal favourite? "All five of us couldn't possibly get this bug".

Number of family members who contracted said stomach bug? FIVE.

2) I certainly instilled a lot of very sanitary behaviour around here. Floors were mopped countless times, walls washed, laundry was cleaned 4-5 times a day, sinks were scrubbed, *and* the entire inside of our van is sparkly clean and like new. One child carseat is fresh and scrubbed like brand new!

3) My family spent a lot of close, one-on-one time together. We played Wii, we watched movies, we chatted, we read books, we CRIED, we laughed.

4) I am currently within one to two pounds of my goal weight. I mean, there really is no faster and more efficient type of weight loss. I even got a (maybe not necessarily needed) break from working out . . . because I certainly could not have run feeling the way I have.

5) We learned to focus on all the good things in our life, and how even though we were desperately ill, we still had "each other" and are completely blessed for the family we have and our happy little life together.

6) There is a very good chance this is now behind us and we will likely be completely healthy for our big trip and vacation out East in a couple weeks!!!!

I promise to have more exciting blogging topics to come in the near future!!

13 comments:

Megan said...

you are so funny- i'm like that too- i try to find the good- when a child spills a bowl of soup on the floor- then after it's all done it's cleaner than it's been in months! ETC.

so glad you feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan

Phyllis said...

Glad to hear it looks like you're on your way to healthy lives again! Yay for being so close to your goal weight -- even though it's due in part to this nasty bug. Great way to keep the positive in mind!

Donna M said...

Just think of that as the worst week of your live and everything from here on in will only be better!

Take care and we are counting the days till your big trip!

One Crazy Chick! said...

OMG the stomach flu is the worst especially with the little ones.

I know, sometimes I wish for a bug to come get me started losing this weight I've packed on.

Glad you are on the mend!

amanda said...

so glad to hear that you have officially kicked the bug :)

welcome back!

Ilina said...

Wow, you're way better than I am at seeing the glass half full. Glad you're on the mend!

Simply Shannon said...

So happy to hear that you and your fam are feeling better!
Being sick truly does wonders in the weight loss department. If only it weren't such a drag.

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

I love how you are able to pull the positive from an absolutely awful experience! Glad to hear that you're all feeling a lot better and that your house is cleaner than ever!

Laural Out Loud said...

Oh, man, don't I know about number one! Always apply the law of murphy, always.

Glad to hear you're on the upside of it all now!

Kristen said...

So glad to hear that you all are better.

And can't wait to hear about your trip out East. Too fun!

Anti-Supermom said...

I think it's so funny when you write something in blogland, the opposite seems to be true. I will have to remember not to generalize those 'what might happen'.

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I grow a third arm with a Lysol bottle as the hand when my kids are sick. And I am a germaphobe already.

My husband just steps back and let's the crazy woman have LOTS of room.

I am glad you all are better and this bout of sickness didn't interfere with your vacation!

And can I just say WHOO-HOO for some "easy" weight loss!! :) (notice I didn't say fun weight loss!)

-Andrea

Landerson said...

Well as you know, we can relate to the flu:( Hope everyone's finally on the mend. Reese has been sick with a cold so hopefully it's out of EVERYONE's system before the big trip. Looking forward to it:o)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs