Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Creative Juices Returning?

It appears as if some of the creativity that was completely and utterly extracted from my being each time I gave birth is slowly being restored. Although in very small and non-threatening spurts, my creativity is emerging, one small project at a time.

I only wish the brain cells and the body could return back to pre-baby state so easily.

Nonetheless, I have managed to whip up another baby blanket for a friend who is pregnant and will soon be expecting her first baby. She chose the selfish route of choosing not to find out the baby's gender. At which time she earned herself a very bland and plain YELLOW baby blanket. Because I simply do not knit fast enough to whip up both a pink and a blue one in order to have both on hand.

So, yellow (with speckles of blue and pink just to tease me) it is.

I made this card for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. I'm finding myself really drawn to colour and especially watercolour. I've been experimenting with various shades and different ways to colour stamped images. This basket and flowers image was actually coloured with my watercolour pencils and then I used a paintbrush to blend and darken where I chose.

Simple, but I thought it really added a nice touch.

12 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Oh that blanket is gorgeous, and it looks so soft and cuddly. I have a soft spot for blankets like that. My boys each have one made by my SIL and they still sleep with them.

Beautiful card too! You are indeed crafty!

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for my creativity to return after baby #2. Or maybe it's just the time to express it. Either way, though.

And the card! I've never done paper crafts. Although since I don't have the necessary creativity / time at the moment, it's probably going to have to wait a while longer yet.

Donna M said...

The blanket is lovely and the ungendered child will be very lucky to get it!!

Your cards are always lovely!

Looking forward to my June visit!

Lisa Thornbury said...

Wow. They don't call you A Crafty Mon for nothin'! :) Great stuff!

Loukia said...

You are very crafty, Shannon! I love the blanket - looks so snuggly and warm! And the card is beautiful!

Anti-Supermom said...

Looks great, all of it. You are inspiring to me (now I just need to get off the computer...)

Peggy said...

The blanket you made is simply gorgeous! Our boys are 4 & 5 and they still sleep with the blankets Grandma made for them! :o) Each stitch is made with alot of love!

Your card is beautiful! I love your coloring!

Chantal said...

Both, the blanket and the card, are beautiful. I would love to be half as creative. I think my work sucks all my creative energy!

Unknown said...

That blanket is very cute - I love all the colors. And, it looks SUPER snuggly too!

And what a cute card. I love giving handmade ones too...

BeachMama said...

Your blanket is perfect! That way it can be used for a second baby without worries of gender.

And I love your watercolour. One thing I cannot do is paint delicately, give me a wall anyday and I will paint like the wind, but a canvas just draws a blank. I love it.

the Preppy Princess said...

That blankie is just TDF MIss Mom, wowza! The snuggle factor looks like it is off the charts! And the card? Beautiful.

You have many gifts, that is obvious!
tp

Shan said...

I want to curl up with that blanket. And the card -- amazing.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs