Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 11, 2009

The 3 Things Tiptoe Through the Tulips

With the 3 Things totally rejuvenated and feeling more like themselves these days, we all headed downtown last weekend to check out the Ottawa Tulip Festival.

After walking around the Market for a little while, Thing 2 - a true carb man if there ever were one - demanded we stop and have a bagel. To avoid a tantrum, we obliged. (No, we are not *those* parents who give into every whim and desire of our children, but we all love bagels . . . what can I say? Some battles are not worth fighting.)

Uh, somebody has her daddy's eyes!!

And later we stopped for the long-promised and much anticipated Piccolo Grande Italian gelato. Notice how all of our outings revolve around food? I'm not sure how we all stay slim.

Thing 1 had the ever boring but tried-and-true favourite . . . chocolate.

But do you think he liked it???

Thing 2 opted for strawberry . . . and desperately wanted his in a bowl.

Much tidier if I do say so myself.

And, yes, we did see some tulips.

Checked out the back view of Parliament Hill from Major's Hill Park on a cloudy afternoon.

Thing 3 likes to really travel in style, and really, who the heck wouldn't want this bundle of joy on her back???

16 comments:

Chantal said...

Will I get my Ottawa citizenship revoked if I admit that I didn't even know the festival had started already... I guess since I have been out of town for 2 weeks I can use that as my excuse.

Loukia said...

Such great pictures of you all! We all were at Major's Hill Park this weekend, right before it started to rain. We were there last weekend, too, but the tulips were so much nicer this weekend! I'm sure we'll back again this weekend - LOL! Love the whole circus and rides theme they going on there this year. :)
And Picollo Grande, we were there a couple of weeks ago... mmm mmm good! I love the market in the summertime!

Megan said...

i'm amazed. already tulips in canada? we're just getting them here full out... so beautiful!!

Megan

Amy said...

What kind of carrier are you using?

Lisa Thornbury said...

Wow - what a gorgeous family! I can't believe I've never been to Ottawa. What a sorry excuse for a Canadian I am. ;) I think that's the same carrier I have. Ergo Baby? Don't cha love it?

BeachMama said...

Yay you got to the Tulip Festival! We chickened out this weekend because of the grey skies and cold temperatures. I say we, but I mean the men. Hopefully we will get there again this weekend before all the tulips are done.

Anti-Supermom said...

Shannon, you and your husband are too cute (oh yes, the kids are adorable too, but they hear that all the time, right?).

Looks like a great time and I'm happy that you had a nice Mother's Day.

Nemeth family said...

Good to see you around again and I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Looks like a really nice day! And we don't fight the "I want a pretzel" at the mall battle either...we are suckers for those pretzels :-)

Frenchell said...

Looks like it was a blast!

amanda said...

first i am totally loving the hair friend! u r too cute!!

looks like such a fun time :)

happy belated mamas day!!

Landerson said...

Looks like a great weekend. Is Leah wearing some Reese hand-me-downs:) Can't wait to see you guys!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I plan outings around food too! Which is why I took up running ;)

Great pictures, your kids are gorgeous, as are you!

tiarastantrums said...

oh - looks like a gorgeous day!

Unknown said...

Food AND tulips? Sounds like the perfect outing to me! And looks like it too! Great pics!

the Preppy Princess said...

Absolutely beautiful Miss Crafty Mom, wow! And the flowers are pretty too! (Heh-heh.)

The things really do look darling, especially with the gelato. And you look ever-so-cute with Thing 3 on your back, what a delightful bunch of photos! Thank you for sharing them with all of us!
tp

Donna M said...

Great pics! Glad to hear you are all up and about feeling better!
Don't know how I missed this post, but apparently I did!!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs