Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ribbon Organizer

I will absolutely not take any credit for this creation. I saw this on Martha Stewart a couple months back and recently had a chance to give it a whirl.

I had a lot of ribbon accumulating all over my craft room and I was in desperate need to get it organized. I had hoped to somehow put up a long post across the top of my work space to slide them all along, but the room (which I share with my two square friends, the washer and the dryer) is just not set up for this. So I grabbed an empty shoe box and punched some holes through each side so I could slide a narrow post through. I then punched holes in the front panel of the box through which I strung each strand of different coloured ribbon.

In Martha's example (which I cannot through any searching find) she had the holes nicely decorated with eyelets . . . I didn't get that fancy but my box is still very useful in its purpose. I would have liked a larger box, because I have several more rolls of ribbon I need to organize.

18 comments:

Phyllis said...

That's awesome! I have the bar across the top of my work station one here and it's a pain! The ribbons are always hanging too low. Plus, in order to grab a whole roll of ribbon (or even simply remove an empty roll) I have to undo the entire thing!
I just may have to convert to this style!!

Donna M said...

Our own personal Martha! You are amazing Shan!

CC said...

Awesome! Come to my home and organize as well. okay??

BeachMama said...

You did a great job! I have always wanted to make one of those too, but fear it won't look Martha enough for me to use ;).

Loukia said...

Well I'm going to have to give you credit for this, because although you saw it on Martha, you actually did it yourself! Great job, you're very organized. My spools of ribbon are in the basement, in a bag, all messed up! This is a great way to keep them in order.

Cynthia said...

Good for you for getting it done!

Anti-Supermom said...

You are certainly living up to your 'crafty' name. Geesh :)

Rebecca said...

This. Is. Brilliant.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Yes, can I rent you for a few hours? PLEASE!

Shan said...

Awesome idea!!

Macey said...

Awesome! I have these perfect wooden thingies that will work awesome to do that! I've reacently become ADDICTED to ribbon, so I'm doin' it tomorrow! : )
Macey

Laural Out Loud said...

I can't believe I forgot about this idea. Thanks for the reminder! I have a ton of ribbon that has accumulated over the years for Gabi's hair. If I had it in a box like this, I might even be inclined to dress up a present or two.

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Oooo, so fantastic!!
Now I just wish all my ribbon wasn't in a huge drawer all tangled up with the spools who knows where.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

That is SO cool! Once you said, you couldn't find it, I started searching the Internet. I believe I found what you were looking for at: http://www.marthastewart.com/good-things/ribbon-organizer

Thanks for sharing . . . you did a fantastic job!

Honey Mommy said...

That is cool. I am going to have to do something like that with all of my stacks of ribbon!

Auds at Barking Mad said...

I second what Donna M said. You rock!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what necessary words..., a remarkable idea

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs