Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Long Weekend

Having been struck with a crazy and exhausting sore throat virus, the blog has been heavily neglected over the past week. Every time I get sick my to-do list scales way back and I lower my daily goals to items like "make sure children have a pulse" and "throw food in general direction of small people".

Regardless of me feeling like an ant who had been trampled by Big Foot, we managed to have a lovely Easter weekend. However, I took very few pictures and missed all the crucially important and cute Easter egg hunt and chocolate-covered face shots . . . so you'll have to take my word for it. Eggs were hunted. Chocolate was consumed. I pulled together a fantastic Easter dinner. Friends and family were visited. Smiles abounded.

I managed to snap a few shots on Saturday while we were out of town visiting our friends K&J who live "out in the country".

Their son is the same age as Thing 1 . . . and at one point they became a little competitive about who could do a better job lifting Thing 3.

She, as always, was an incredibly good sport.

Thing 2 has taken particular distaste in being left out of pictures. Thus I make sure he is in many of them. It cuts back on the incessant yelling. You wouldn't believe the set of lungs on this cute little face.

My good friend K and her sweet baby R.

Thing 3 and R hangin' together. They are only 8 months apart but R is still very much in her "baby" phase and Thing 3 has most definitely graduated to full-fledged toddler.

Check out the look on her face!! "I'm *so* over this mom!"

Since this was my first ever effort at cooking a ham, we thought it would be a nice treat to let Rudy chew on the ham bone after we were done. It seemed big enough that he would not possibly choke on it. Choke, no, but vomit the next morning, yes. Lesson learned.

10 comments:

Loukia said...

I am glad you are feeling better! And your pictures are adorable. :) Glad you had a nice Easter weekend.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Looks like fun! HOpe the throat thing is on it's way OUT already!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, could you have a caption contest on a few of these! They are really wonderful Miss Mom, thank you for sharing them all. It's good to know you had a nice Easter, but we want you to be feeling better.

Please take care of yourself,
tp

BeachMama said...

Cute pics!

I think your throat thing has made its way to me. That's OK, I can take it ;).

Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Rebecca @bitofmomsense said...

Glad you are feeling better - great pics!!!

Kristen said...

Hope you are feeling better friend, and yes, Thing 3 so does look "over" this!

Great pictures as always!

Unknown said...

Ah. What's Easter without a little dog puke, right?

Cute pics of the little girls together and yes, more pics of Thing 2 - he's so cute. : )

Happy Easter!

Chantal said...

Great photos. I didn't take enough of them this year. Oh well, there is always next year.

Anti-Supermom said...

Cute pictures, Shannon. So, off the topic, you will have to let me know how the Jillian DVD is, I love me some Jillian :)

Oh, and you running a 10K kicks my butt all over the place.

Back on topic. Looks like a great weekend.

Oh yes, I loved the wipes idea too. You are a crafty mom :)

Love ya, girl.

GroovyGirl said...

Is Rudy your cocker? He is a cutie...I have a female with similiar markings...she is my youngest baby!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs