Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Works-For-Me-Wednesday

I've been reading these Works-for-me-Wednesday posts for a while now, and decided to throw in one of my own, finally.

Here is a new trick I'd like to share with anyone who has a little one needing a diaper change. Thing 3 is just at the stage (nine months) where she is getting out of control and too squirmy on the change table. It's become nearly impossible to wrangle her dipe onto her squishy little bum without a major wrestling match taking place. And let's just say, mommy isn't always the winner of these matches.

I noticed she was absolutely enamored with the helium-filled balloons we had for Thing 2's birthday . . . so I thought to myself . . .



Voila.

Keeps her totally entertained for the full 30 seconds it takes me to whisk, wipe, and put on a fresh dipe!!

For more Works-for-me-Wednesday, click here.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Great idea! My son was terrible at diaper changes when he got past like 6 months. I bought this little machine that blew bubbles out and set it next to the changing table. It worked for awhile to distract him but then eventually even that didn't work. I wish I had thought of the balloon idea back then. Where were you 8 years ago?!! :)

amanda said...

brilliant idea friend!!

going to buy balloons today!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea!

PS--go see my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Why didn't I think of this a couple of years ago when the Little Imp was at that miserably wiggly/squirmy age! Oh that would have saved me so many gray hairs!

OHmommy said...

Now THAT is a great idea!

Anti-Supermom said...

You still change her 'above the ground'. I am impressed!

Love the balloon idea :)

Laural Out Loud said...

I used to try and distract with a toy, but never a balloon! This is a totally genius idea!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs