Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday, already?

I have reverted back into "busy bee" mode after a couple almost normal weeks. My sister-in-law is coming to Ottawa on Wednesday, and her son (the Things' cousin) and Thing 3 will be baptized together next Sunday at our church. Other family arrives on Friday, and I'm hosting dinner on Friday night. The kiddies will be baptized on Sunday and then we will all have Thanksgiving dinner after that.

If you're a neat freak like me, you know what all this means . . . it means the next three days are jam packed with organizing, cleaning, and planning. Sadly (and I really do admit this with all kidding aside) I find all of this refreshing and mildly "fun". It is totally worth it for me when it means a smoothly-running weekend of family fun and entertaining.

The Things are incredibly excited to see their cousins (one of them will be staying at our house, "sleepover" style) and their Nana and Grandad. Leah has perfected crawling just in time to make sure she is all over the place by next weekend. I turned my back on the weekend - and have since learned my lesson - only to find she had made it to the kitchen and was splashing in the dog's water.


My girl . . . on the move.

A now rare moment of sitting pretty (check out those Baby Legs - thanks Reese).

How many Things can you fit in a crib?
I've been so pleased lately to see the 3 Things interacting so well together. It's fascinating for me to watch Thing 3 sit quietly and drink in all that her two older brothers are doing. She watches their every move, and smiles a smile so wide it plasters her entire face.

The boys, too, love their sister and get a kick out of making her laugh. It's inspiring to watch them play together and try to include her in what they're doing. Photos of the three of them are easier and easier to come by these days.

Three Blond Things
Daddy getting ambushed as he leaves for work each morning.

14 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

What cuties you have! I love the ambush shot!

Donna M said...

Can't wait to get there on Friday and see all the little things! Paul getting ambushed on his way to work is what being a parent is all about!

Jenny said...

sounds like you have an exciting couple of days coming up! just love all the pics... the baby legs are so cute!
i am a big organizer too...sometimes it is sad how much i enjoy it!

Nemeth family said...

Ahh, splashing in the dog's water...I remember those days! I have the cutest pic of Kyle laying on his belly splashing in the water bowl. I can't believe she is crawling now--all 3 Things are too cute!!

amanda said...

oh how i love baby legs!!

pretty sure they should make them for mommy's too :)

great pics friend!

Kristen said...

I can't believe she is crawling already!! WOW!

And the ambush picture is priceless!! I love that even the dog is getting in on the action! :)

You have some cute "things" there my friend. Cute!!

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Splashing in the dog water, too funny!
The photos are adorable and I hope you have a blast with your company on the weekend, sounds like a great time!

Unknown said...

Your children are simply gorgeous!

What a loving family...it makes me want to start working on siblings for Bella :)

And the ambush picture? Love it! The doggie addition is so sweet!

Landerson said...

Soooo wish we were going to be there this weekend! Nice lookin' legs there Leah:)

JoeGirl said...

Those kids are GORGEOUS! Love the ambush shot... and that's as he's LEAVING for work - what do they do when he comes home!???

Anti-Supermom said...

aww, the ambush happens at out house too, but often with tears.

Great pictures

dougnlarry said...

Those are great pictures! I can't believe how big all three things are getting. Have a great weekend with family and a Happy Thanksgiving.

Laural Out Loud said...

Your kids are so freakin adorable. And Thing 3 is crawling now, eh? With two older brothers, I have a hunch she's going to be getting into heaps of cute trouble. Can't wait to read about it all!

I love that having company kicks my butt into gear and my house ends up shiny and clean and organized. Hmm, I think I need to have company over soon! Good luck with all you have to do!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

They are so cute together! Hope the weekend goes fabulously . . . I'm sure it will!

I keep forgetting that Thanksgiving comes early for those of you in Canada!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs