Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 09, 2009

Is it Christmas Card Time Already?

I can hardly believe it is that time of year already. It seems like just yesterday it was summer and the Things and I were dipping our toes in the frigid Atlantic Ocean. But alas, reality has hit and Halloween is behind us (which wasn't very exciting around these parts as two of the Things were quite sick with bad colds, hence the lack of photos), signaling the green light for retailers round the globe to deck their halls, decorate their winter wonderlands, and inaugurate the never-ending rotation of Christmas advertisements that we will inevitably be forced to endure over the next seven weeks.

That being said - I do love the holidays! The festive season, the baking, the traditions, trimming the tree, late nights wrapping gifts and, of course, the Christmas cards. I am selling a few of my cards at a small craft fair here in Ottawa later this month, so I've been trying to come up with a variety of different styles that will suit everyone's needs. And I'm experimenting with some different "non-traditional" holiday colours, just to be different. A couple of the cards I made at a class a few weeks ago. My days are so busy lately, I really hope I can complete enough cards . . . and maybe even manage to make enough for us to send out this year!









11 comments:

JoeGirl said...

Holy Mackinaw, you are some talented! I love them all, but my favs are #4 and #8 — Beautiful, Shannon!

Merry Christmas to YOU!

Loukia said...

Oh my God, Shannon! I can't believe how talented you are - I kept saying "oh, I love this one!" and then I kept scrolling and seeng even more cards I loved - you are awesome!!!! You should sell these in Chapters, no joke. I love them! I love 1, 4, 5, 8 and 9! :)

Lynn said...

These are all so lovely...my favourites are the first one with the ornaments and the one with the deer and the strip of red ribbon. Have a great craft fair!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

These beautiful cards are going to sell like hot cakes, girl! You have a wonderful talent.

Have a great time!!

-Andrea

Donna M said...

5 & 8 are my favs! But they are all lovely! Very clever girl. Good luck at the craft show!

BeachMama said...

They don't call you Crafty Mom for nothing ;).

Those are fabulous cards!

Anti-Supermom said...

Shannon, you so so talented. These look fabulous, good luck selling them. Keep us posted on the further decorations and fun you are doing this month and next.

I love to feel lazy ;)

Love ya, girl! Hope you are doing great.

Jenny said...

What great cards! They are all very festive...wish I could get that crafty!

Chantal said...

Those really are beautiful! You will have to post the date and location of that craft fair (or e-mail me) :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards! I wish I were nearby, so I could score a few myself.

Shan said...

They are just beautiful!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs