Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 16, 2009

All Five Things Together

It is so incredibly rare that the five of us are ever photographed together, that we basically have no family pictures at all. Having three young Things so close together in age literally leaves me breathless and constantly feeling like I am running behind a train trying to catch up. A family photo shoot has been on my mind since we had Thing 3 (almost TWO years ago now) and we finally had a chance to make my wish come true this weekend.

The very talented Anna from Anna Epp Photography joined us for a fun and relaxing morning of picture taking. I was so pleased that the entire morning was effortless and non-stressful. Other photographers in the past have been very hung up on posing and requiring that we sit still for minutes at a time - completely unreasonable for us with three children five and under. Anna takes a very natural approach and prefers to capture her shots while everyone is at ease and candid.

I'm completely happy with our photos! You can preview more shots from our family photo shoot at Anna's photography blog.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful! So glad your photo shoot finally happened. I know you will cherish these for a long, long time...

Peggy said...

What a great looking family! That can be a painful experience, with kids. Glad to hear that is wasn't stressful for you.

Loukia said...

What a great picture... everyone looks so beautiful! Great job, Anna! (Not that you had a hard family to photograph, as they're all gorgeous!)

Anonymous said...

How lovely! You all look so happy and comfortable.

Megan said...

i'm glad you had a great time! we don't have family pictures either!

Megan

Megan said...

i'm glad you had a great time! we don't have family pictures either!

Megan

Anonymous said...

Great shot! I have been wanting to get family portraits done for a long time, too. We have tons of shots of the kids, but few of the adults and none of us all together. I'm so jealous of your fabulous portrait. :)

Capital Mom said...

That is an awesome picture. Well done. I have no luck getting a picture of the two kids together, never mind one with the 4 of us.

dougnlarry said...

Great pics! You have such a gorgeous family. :)

Phyllis said...

I love it! I totally agree with your photographer -- I love the more at ease, candid type shots myself. Because they're unique. And they show everyone's individuality so well.

Shan said...

Fantastic pictures!

Some kind of Mom said...

Really really nice. Funny, glidinglara and I were just talking tonight about to have or not to have more kids. Still on the fence about #3 for me... but your analogy to running behind a train trying to catch up really puts it into perspective! ;)

Anonymous said...

...........................................................................

Anna said...

Thank you Shannon, it was such a pleasure working with your family. Your kids were great and we had lots of fun.

Anti-Supermom said...

Shannon, what great photos! You five are one of the cutest families out there.

Rebecca said...

love the pics!

Tanya said...

What a fantastic photo! I'm glad we're not the only family delinquent in getting our family shots done! We finally had ours taken last weekend, with our last one take *gasp* 5 years ago!

http://www.proudmaman.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs