Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hallelujah



Thing 3 drank from a sippy cup last night. It was her monumental first sip of any liquid not from a booby.

It was water. From an Avent Magic sippy cup that had previously been used as a toy. For five long months, she threw, licked, shook, spun, rolled on, rubbed, dropped, and banged with fervor this BPA-free sippy cup. Concerned friends and family members suggested I purchase other cups, from other brands, in hopes that the little baby might soon realize liquid comes from other "sources" than her mommy's bosom. I reluctantly hestiated, too cheap to fork out money on another cup that she might not drink out.

And, to give credit where credit is due, it was all daddy's doing. He handed her the cup, placed the soft spout at her lips, and COWABUNGA BABY she started to suck. And suck. And suck. Until at least 4 oz of water were gone.

In all seriousness, I had just recently begun to worry if she was getting enough liquid from me, and I supsected that maybe my milk supply has been down a little bit. She just hasn't had many wet diapers lately, and that was concerning. Hopefully offering her more drinks of water and milk throughout the day will help us tackle this issue.

(No, I am not done nursing but am kinda THRILLED my little Thing 3 will not be getting all her milk directly from the tap any longer.)

14 comments:

Donna M said...

Congratulations and Hallelujah to all!

amanda said...

oh honey congrats to you and your "tap" :)

Megan said...

*hehe* you said booby. ahem.

good for her! yay!!!

Megan

Leslee P said...

ahhhhhhhh, check your email... i am dying... the email you sent about your necklace was sent to the spam folder..... ahhhhhhh!

Leslee

Tricia said...

oh that is wonderful! GO LEAH! I've really enjoyed your last 2 posts. You are a great writer. But you didn't update us on your boot camp. i can't believe you signed up for that. holy crap. Thx for taking the time to read my letter to Sam! :) Tricia

Honey Mommy said...

Funny. My eight month old has started to figure out what sippy cups are for!

dougnlarry said...

Woohoo! WTG Leah!

And now I'll have the Hallelujah chorus stuck in my head all day...

;)

Landerson said...

Soooooo happy for you Shan! I know what a relief it is:)

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah is right!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I saw your comment over on Elaine A's blog, yes I am an Elaine too. Anyway you were signing up for the food swap thing and wondered about Canadians. Just wondering maybe we can be partners because I here Cananda has great labeling practices for peanuts. I have a son severely allergic, would be nice to get a bag of treats for him this Christmas.... Just a thought. I have two blogs. One is just about the nut allergy the other is what I am on most of the time....

Robyn said...

Yay on the cup.

Unknown said...

Loving the "soundtrack" to this post! HA!

My little guy had sippy cup issues too...

Anti-Supermom said...

So you are seeing a light at the end of the nursing tunnel?!

I'm so happy for you both~

Kristen said...

Yay for YOU!!! Seriously the freedom this opens you to is fabulous!

So glad to hear that there might be light at the end of your tunnel!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs