Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 15, 2006

Our week of rain . . .

Well, for the life of me I can't figure out how to post a video clip here, and I know it can be done b/c I've seen it on other blogs. Anyway, I took a few shots of our new little walker. He can walk right across the room now! Excuse the pacifier in all the pictures, he's NEVER touched one and grabbed one this morning off the floor and stuck it in his mouth for a few seconds.

We had another LONG week of rain and teething and the boys ended up having colds - nothing major but made for a few nights of not much sleep. They are getting better now. David is standing and walking all the time, it's so funny that one day he was just crawling and now he's just walking! Crazy how time flies. With fall approaching we are back to a more regular schedule now, heading out to playgroups and other activities to keep our mornings busy. Peter starts Duffer Doo (a preschool program one morning a week) in a week and a half and I pray it goes well. He's still having separation anxiety and is not keen to be dropped off at a place where mommy will be leaving him. I'm hoping after some initial crying that he will end up liking it. The good news is that there are some friends there he will recognize.

Mommy is doing particularly well after having TWO nights out this week. Yes, WITHOUT boys in tow! Tuesday night I went to a stamping workshop which was really fun and I was able to learn a couple really cool techniques. And last night I met my friend Karen for coffee and the biggest piece of carrot cake I've ever seen. We had fun catching up and enjoying our treats. She braved the real coffee and I stuck with decaf . . . I have enough things waking me up at night as it is.

They're (meaning, they who work for the City of Ottawa) ripping up our street to replace all the watermains and put in a whole new water system. Fun and entertaining for Peter with all the tractors, backhoes, and other big "diggers" around, but less fun for mommy when she wants her kids to nap in the afternoon. And let me tell you, these guys must be dedicated b/c they start right at 7:00 a.m. Today they broke the pavement in front of our house and dug a hole several metres deep. It was insane - the house shook a little bit. They informed us they will turn our water off for a bit "next week", which I felt was a little vague. Hopefully it won't be mid-shower . .

The boys are off to Liam's fourth birthday party tomorrow. Peter is so excited, he can't stop talking about it! It's a Buzz Lightyear party so it should be fun for everyone. Did someone say CAKE???? Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Here David checks out "Muck", Pete's Bob the Builder tractor.

And says "enough of that, I'll walk across the room me thinks" . . .

And some more walking . . .

. . . and even more walking!!!!
Pete and I took in some painting during the rainy weather . . .

He made several works of art. And for those of you who think Pete doesn't remember you, he clearly made four paintings and said "this one is for Aunty Mary, this one is for Cathy, this one is for Grandad and this one is for Nana". "Can you please mail them for me mommy?"

I kid you not.


Hey, I don't think I'm supposed to be climbing the stairs!!!

But I will anyway b/c I'm so cute I can get away with it!

Yep, this is me looking cute!!!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hi- Super cute videos! The boys are adorable.

To solve your video problem you need to download your video on to a web site such as "youtube" or "zippyvideos" then copy and paste the link it gives you, once downloaded, to your post. To copy the link, you have to be in the "html" mode of your post. If you keep having trouble email me and I will give you more details. jdlwm2@msn.com :-)

Liz said...

I meant super cute PICTURES! DUH! LOL

Landerson said...

Hard to believe he's walking!!! They're both looking great (as always). Good luck with Pete at his preschool next week! Love to all!

Donna M said...

What gorgeous and gifted children you have. Their grandparents must be very proud of them!

lexa said...

My youngest started preschool last week. I thought for sure I'd have to stay with him. He thought Mommy went to school with him. At orientation back in June I had to carry him in, and he wouldn't get off my lap for the longest time. He was fine last Monday! When I picked him up he said, "I had fun!" Tuesday was the same, and he was even disappointed he didn't have school on Wednesday. (Mon, Tues 9:30-11:30)

I'm glad it went smoothly because now if weather permits I can take a "real" walk around the Trestle Trail! (You must know what it's like when kids want to walk instead of ride in the stroller -- you don't get very far very fast!)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs