Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 23, 2009

Did someone say popcorn?

Were you - like me - a closet Dawson's Creek watcher back in the day?

If you were, you may be interested in checking out Joshua Jackson's new movie, One Week.

And if you live in Ottawa (and I KNOW many of you do because on occasion I check my blog stats) you could possibly catch this new flick. For free.

Check out Andrea's blog "A Peek Inside the Fishbowl" for a chance to go to one of two viewings. I'm planning on going next Thursday, March 5th. I'm kind of excited. (I don't get out much.)

And just a quick note to let everyone know that we had to take our beloved Thing 3 for her very first hospital visit late yesterday. Poor baby had a frighteningly high fever and was listless and really out of it. I rushed her to the ER and after multiple unpleasant tests and six hours of hanging out at a packed hospital with a sick baby, the doctors were able to diagnose a "serious respiratory infection". "Probably not pneumonia, but maybe just a little bit."

In five years and three children, this is the sickest any of mine have been. I have been one worried mama. She slept 5 hours yesterday and then again today. We are controlling her fever and hoping tomorrow will be a bit better. Keep her in your thoughts.

15 comments:

amanda said...

first so very sorry to hear about thing three - lots of prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery coming your way.

second, my boyfriend. do i have to come to canada to see this?? i can't find anything about it opening here?

Unknown said...

Oh, no! I really hope Thing 3 gets to feeling better soon. Sending lots of prayers your way, sweetie.

Make sure you have some popcorn for me at that movie!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh man. I remember all the feelings I had when rushing Eliza to the ER. I was so scared and felt out of control.

I'll be praying for your precious girl.

-Andrea

Unknown said...

Oh poor baby! I hope she's better every minute and tomorrow. I HATE to see the little ones sick. Hugs & prayers!

That's cool about the movie, I hope you have fun!

Donna M said...

Take care of our little one and give her kisses from us1
Have a great time at the movie!

Jen said...

That must have been so scary for you! You always know when they are really sick when they take long naps like that. It was definitely good that you went to the ER. Hope she feels better soon!

Oh yes! I was definitely a Dawson's Creek fan and had a HUGE crush on Pacey. I tried to watch the trailer for the movie on the site but it kept freezing up. Hope it comes to the US.

Megan said...

1. so sorry for the sick!

2. did anyone our age NOT watch dawson's creek?!

Megan

Tammi Hayne said...

So sorry to hear that L is under the weather. Scary for you and Daddy I am sure!

Not so much a closet watcher here...my cats are named Dawson and Pacey :P

Loukia said...

Hey... just wanted you to know that I've had quite a few scary CHEO visits... on Halloween, my 3 year old had a really bad cold - and a very high fever - so off to CHEO we went... he ended up having PNEUMONIA - a very bad case, and we were sent home on antibiotics - however, they told us if he did not get better in 24 hours to bring him back - which we did, and he was admitted - with an IV, and further x-rays showed his pneumonia had gotten worse. He was hospitalized in CHEO for 14 days and he needed SURGERY - my worst nightmare - to drain fluid from his lung... it was scariest experience I've ever been through, a complete and utter nightmare. He had a chest tube in him for 4 days, draining fluid. Finally, he got better... but it was brutal. Okay, so just make sure to keep a close eye on her today and if you are worried, please do take her back to CHEO. Please understand that in most cases, even if it is pneumonia, it goes away on it's own, with antibiotics. They see this all the time - when my son was hospitalized there were 20 others with the same thing, however, my son just happened to get the 'worst' case of it. So I'm sure your little girl will be A-Okay, I just wanted to share my experience with you. If you have any questions, drop me a line. Good luck!

Lara said...

Yikes. Very scary. I hope she's all better really soon!

And I'll see you at the movies next Thursday! :)

Shan said...

I hope she's feeling better. It's so scary when they're sick.

The movie looks great. I just saw the trailer for it this weekend. I loved me some Pacey back in the day.

Jen said...

Stop by my place. I have something for you. :)

Loukia said...

Hey, how is your little girl feeling today?

dougnlarry said...

I'd be excited about a free movie too. I hope you have a good time.

And I hope Leah is feeling better now. Poor baby.

Anti-Supermom said...

Hope she is feeling better now. I'm such a bad friend for not posting a comment, I swear it got lost.

Anyhow - well wishes to her and you!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs