Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Don't get lost in the snow!

If you live in Canada, you probably already know that Ottawa got hit with a major winter blizzard this past weekend. We received 56 cms of snow in 48 hours. We have had 144 cms fall so far this season. We are 33 cms away from breaking the all time record for largest snowfall ever in Ottawa. I guess in the spirit of record-breaking I should be hoping for more snow????

To give you a better idea of what 144 cms of snow looks like . . .

I should mention . . . THIS photo was taken BEFORE the snow even started!! Here are the boys playing on the front lawn ;-)


Paul captured a shot of me in my pjs Sunday morning trying to pry out a little circle for Rudy to get out back and go to the bathroom.

Here is the little circle I was able to chisel away for him - the poor dog is learning to live with less and less space each storm!!!

Here is Paul's car - the view as we came out of our garage Sunday morning . . .



Our front walkway . . .

The view out our back door - there's the TOP of the kid's slide!!!


Another view out front . . .


The poor, buried tree in our front yard.

And ironically, they are calling for *more* snow tomorrow :-)

6 comments:

dougnlarry said...

OMG, Shan! Don't kill me for saying this, but I'm glad it is you and not me. I would be going insane if there was that much snow outside! I'd hate to see the melt too when it finally does warm up. We didn't have anywhere near that much snow and when it melted we had ice everywhere for weeks! So, are we hoping for 33 more cm to break the record or hoping there is no more snow at all this season?

Donna M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna M said...

I know you will hate this, but it is gorgeous! What a white winter wonderland! Too bad for Rudy and the boys. Too much snow to even play outside.
I sit looking out my window at the dead and yellow grass. All our snow disappeared in the rain storm we got instead of your snow! Very ugly but much easier to look after!
I edited my first post for spelling errors. Couldn't stand it!

Phyllis said...

HOLY CANOLLI!! I'm sooo sorry you're buried like that!

Landerson said...

Oh Shan.....that's a lot of snow!!!! I'll stop complaining about the winter we've had!

lexa said...

Holy crap! I saw on the news the other night how much snow Ontario/Quebec/NB have gotten this winter. It's crazy! You guys can keep it.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs