Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 04, 2010

Little Miss Independence

Thing 3 has embraced a few rather peculiar habits lately.

For the past couple of months, she has staunchly insisted upon dressing herself. Not bad, you may be saying to yourself, for a child not quite two-years-old yet. Yes, independence is grand. However, arriving late everywhere you are required to be over the course of a week eventually wreaks havoc in your life.

Our little sprite soon decided she had graduated from wearing her own apparel and was indeed in desperate need of her older brothers' ensembles. So every morning we dress her in a cute size 2T outfit that - before I have finished drinking my morning coffee - is discarded on the floor in her room. She makes her way into the boys' room and shuffles through their drawers until she finds something awkwardly too big for her. And then she puts it on.

And on any given day she will layer four or five t-shirts on top of one another. Pants are optional, of course.

She has also learned to forsake her diaper. She rips it off whenever and wherever she feels like it. I have feverishly tried to potty train her but my efforts are not yet being rewarded. I am cleaning up a lot of "child waste" from the floors. Earlier last month I purchased some little girl panties for her, assuming she was indeed ready to be among the other toilet users in our home.

But, really, who would put on pink Dora undies with white bows when you could wear your oldest brother's HULK underwear????

15 comments:

Shan said...

Aww that sounds super cute. Also super annoying hahahaha. I think my littlest one and your littlest one have lots in common. Love the hulk undies.

Phyllis said...

OMG! That is too stinkin' cute. I feel for you, though, because I'm sure I'd be a shrieking lunatic if my little one were to start doing that. ;)

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! The Hulk underwear pic is priceless!!

dougnlarry said...

Ha! I love it! She's gonna be a handful, from the looks of it. ;)

Donna M said...

And you thought you had problems with the boys!

spagirljenna said...

Well, in the words of Hulk Himself, "Hulk Strong"... And so is Thing 3 and her Independence! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am totally laughing to myself over here. My daughter was the same - by the time she was just past 18 months, she had OPINIONS on her wardrobe. I so missed the days when I could just hold her down and dress her in something I picked.

Oh well, our girls will be strong, independent women, right?

Capital Mom said...

My son already wants to wear the clothes in his sister's closet. There is something about the other that is so exciting.

Jenny said...

She is becoming such a little person! Dressing herself is such an accomplishment even if it is her brothers clothes.
We are set to start potty training Will soon since we are reaching his big bday on the 23rd. I think he is also about ready.
Good Luck!

BeachMama said...

I am so not showing Apple these photos. We just got her to stop changing back into her pj's it would kill me if she started changing into J's clothes. We did switch to pull-ups again to start getting her back into the potty thing. I think she will go when she is ready though and not before.

Unknown said...

I love her. That is all.

Peggy said...

That is just too darn cute! Thanks for the giggle this morning!

Jodie said...

I loved this post! She is too funny. Gotta love the things they come up with!

Nishant said...

That is too stinkin' cute. I feel for you, though, because I'm sure I'd be a shrieking lunatic if my little one were to start doing that

Work from home India

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs