Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 05, 2009

Edward Scissorhands Beware

Thing 2 was in an unprecedented pleasant and agreeable mood the other night. Carpe Diem, right? I seized the opportunity to quickly and painlessly trim his bangs. How hard could it be? I've seen hair stylists do it at salons . . . zip zip snip - and voila, straight, even bangs.

Now I know what they mean when they say "don't try this at home".

If you follow my blog or you know me personally, you know that Thing 2 had very little hair at all and was actually practically bald until his third birthday. He still doesn't boast a head full of luscious locks, but the front strands were definitely getting long and straggly.

Before Edward Scissorhands (aka Crafty Mom) hacked away at her precious middle child.

After. Excuse the giant bruise on his forehead. No need to call social services.

14 hours after the "incident", after I rushed him to a nearby children's hair salon.


Lesson learned. I'm so sorry my patient little man! Thanks for not hating me, and for your sweet comment at bedtime last night.

"It doesn't look that bad, mommy, I like it flat across my forehead like that."

17 comments:

Loukia said...

Hahaha - oh, his comment is the cutest! Aww! Hilarious, Shannon... next time - leave the scissors on the craft table! This is what hair salons are for! ;) He's gorgeous, though, before the hair-cut, with your hair-cut and with the professional hair-cut.

Capital Mom said...

LOL. That made me laugh, thnaks.
I need to cut my daughter's bangs. I did it myself last time and it sure wasn't straight. But she has so much hair you can't really tell.
Maybe I will just cut a bit at a time and see how that goes. :-)

Unknown said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Too funny!

He's so adorable...and I love what he told you at bedtime :)

Chantal said...

Oh so cute. Thankfully he is easy going. I cut my youngest sons hair now and again and my hubby laughs at me. Oh well.

Derinda {Dabble/ELB} said...

Too funny! I've tried using the buzz cutters on my son and he looked like a zebra...I cried and forced my hubby to take him to a kids hair cut place. SCARY!!! Now I know why you need a license to do that. LOL Thanks for bringing back a great memory. HA!
~Derinda

Anonymous said...

I have trimmed both of my children's hair. And I will say, cutting hair is much harder than it looks. I think it's because every hair is its own individual thing, it's not like cutting fabric or something that all stays in place while you cut.

I think he looks great! And you know what, at his age he probably really doesn't mind. I doubt any of our kids will let us near them with scissors when they reach the age where they actually care. ;)

dougnlarry said...

It wasn't too bad. The stylist did a nice job of fixing it. He looks mighty cute with his hair cut short. :)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Awww, you are too hard on yourself. I think he looks very handsome. And that boy of yours sure does love his mama!

-Andrea

Anti-Supermom said...

Shannon, he-he. I just paid $5 to have someone cut my bangs too - it was 30 seconds (or less).

Thanks for reminding me why I paid for it :)

Noble Savage said...

I tried to avoid doing this with my daughter's first haircut when she was two and paid someone else to do it. He managed to shear her like a sheep and charge me £8 for the honour. I was not amused.

It looks great and your little guy is such a cutie!

Megan said...

glad you have a blog to document your best moments, right?! :)

Megan

Peggy said...

Nathan (our oldest) last summer decided to do that to himself! He had gotten to scalp, granted it was only about the size of a quarter . . . but it was right in front!

The salon looks like they did a great job. He's a cutie!

Unknown said...

Been there done that. I think we all have to try it at some point to see if we can do it. I've accepted defeat as well! ;-)

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Aw! But you know what, he's so handsome his hair is fine, all three ways :) I am going to remember this and not try that at home!

mom said...

Poor Mama!!
He looks just fine now :-)

Nice Blog!

Stephanie said...

Oh man, I just burst out laughing at this one!!!

Free Art Printables said...

That is co cute! He's a cutie! Jen

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs