Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Easy Toddler Masks

As the end of the school year begins to close in on us, I can hardly believe ten months have passed during which Thing 1 has been in junior kindergarten every single afternoon. Over the course of the past year, I have grown to truly appreciate the one-on-one time I spend with Thing 2 each afternoon between 12:15 and 3:15.

He is very accommodating and always gives me about an hour to "get things done" - to work out, chop food for supper, tidy up, or spend time online. The rest of the time I try to devote to him. He goes in and out of craft phases, although lately he has been anxious for our time alone so we can create something new together.


I stumbled upon a site at which I found great templates to print out and create toddler masks.

I tried a variety of techniques, all of which totally failed before I finally tried this one from Enchanted Learning. The masks are easy to print out and fit on a little one's face perfectly. My printer was having a difficult time spitting out my card stock, so instead I printed the mask template out on regular paper and then traced it on card stock. Cut it out, fasten an elastic around the back and VOILA! Happiness in two seconds.

I was then required to make one for his brother - which was a lion's face - but it met an untimely demise at the fate of Thing 3's strong little fingers.

The mask Thing 2 is modeling is called "Robot". After I took the photos he decorated it and added some glitter to really make things funky.

9 comments:

Megan said...

you are one fun mama! :)

Megan

Capital Mom said...

That looks great. I may even manage to make that!
And thanks so much for the great comment you left on my swimming class post. That was so appreciated.

BeachMama said...

Those are awesome! J used to love masks a lot, but hasn't been interested in a while, perhaps I will save this up for a day when he is 'bored'.

Loukia said...

Love the masks... great idea, Crafty Shannon! ;) My oldest is into making 'books' with me lately. We use card stock as a cover, and regular white paper inside, he staples it together and we do 'theme' books... his first was 'rocks and crystals', because that's what he wanted... and he drew inside it and I added the text in marker of what he wanted me to say on each page. It's fun!

amanda said...

LOVE IT!! adding it to my mommy bag of tricks :)

Anti-Supermom said...

So cool, Henry will love this. I love google - I've found so many awesome ideas to do with the kids from there.

What did we do before the internet?

:)

the Preppy Princess said...

Awww.. these are so cute Miss MOm, and Thing 2 looks completely enthralled! You have the best ideas!
tp

Lisa Thornbury said...

Wow. You are such a fun mummy. :)

Peggy said...

Awesome mask! Love the B/W photos!

Thank you for sharing!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs