Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Heavens to Betsy, I Opened an Etsy

I did it!

I finally decided to give in and open an Etsy store.

I'd been thinking about it for a couple years now, but have always fallen back to the "I'm too busy" excuse. And while, yes, I am very busy, I love making my cards and doing crafts in the evenings when the Things go to bed. It is therapeutic and relaxing for me. It is GOOD for me. So with lots of support from my family and friends, I opened a store in Etsy called "A Crafty Mom's Cards".

Original - I know. But the truth is I have been selling the cards to family and friends for years, so it will be interesting to see how this turns out . . . or if it will still be the original family and friends who are purchasing them. Either way, I appreciate the support and absolutely LOVE doing them.

So, I'm going to post a few cards I have made recently, and if you're interested in taking a peek at my new store, you can see my banner to the left or click here.

Enjoy!

20 comments:

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Wow, way to go! This inspires me to dig out my stash!
Beautiful cards and I wish you the best of luck with your new shop!

Anonymous said...

Ooh these are so cute! Congratulations one taking the plunge. :)

Laural Out Loud said...

Those cards are amazing! I'm always looking for original looking cards- I'll definitely keep you in mind!

Donna M said...

Your cards really are lovely! I know I am family, but I might order some for when we go up in October!

amanda said...

yay way to go!!

they are all beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just invented a unique baby blanket and opened a shop on etsy too!www.wrapadoodle.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Hey this is the first time I've added to a blog....it's kind of exciting and fun!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Congratulations! That's great, and I love the cards! I wish you much success, my SU friend!

Kristen said...

They are beautiful!!

LOVING them. I'm off to go check out your store.......

:)

Jen said...

Those are just lovely! There is nothing better than a handmade card. I went out and bought all the supplies to make some but never made the time to actually do it. I'll keep your store in mind, though.

dougnlarry said...

Your cards are always beautiful Shan. I'm sure you'll do well.

Megan said...

good for you! i love the bow one! hope it's a profitable hobby, for sure! (i'm thinking it will be!)

Megan

Shan said...

Your cards are beautiful.

Tricia said...

GREAT work Shannon! I think it's wonderful you opened a shop! Best wishes! Tricai

4funboys said...

great idea!

good luck

C! said...

wow - beautiful cards Shannon. And your 3 Things should be models in an LL Bean catalog - they are so adorable! I can't believe Pete in in Kindergarden this year!!! Way to go - he looks so confident and happy with his backpack. And way to go David on loving preschool - this should give you lots of time to keep making those gorgeous cards!

lexa said...

Congrats!

Anti-Supermom said...

You are a crafty, awesome person. Wow, those are beautiful

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found your blog through "Life Every Day".

I think your cards are beautiful--I wish I knew how to do that.
Best wishes with your etsy shop!

Rebecca said...

Yay for opening an Etsy store Shans, they look fabulous!
I hope you sell tons and tons of them!! :)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs