Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 02, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

Things 1: "Mommy, mommy, Leah just said her first word and you missed it."

Me: "Really, Pete, what did Leah say?"

Thing 1: "She said SANTA, mommy."

Me: "She said SANTA, Pete? Really?"

Thing 1: "She really did, mommy, I mean it and then she gave me that look that means she really likes me."

Later the same day . . .

Thing 1: "Mommy, you've got a nipple."

Me: "Um, well, now, yes I do Pete. I have two."

Thing 1: "No, I'm talking about this red one, right here (points to my face, more specifically, my chin)."

Me: "WHAT?"

Thing 1: "You've got a big red nipple, right here on your chin."

Me: "It's a PIMPLE not a NIPPLE, Pete."

Thing 1: "You've got a pimple then, mommy. Don't pick it."

Thing 2: "YOU'VE GOT A PIMPLE MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

Seriously, who else would keep me on my toes like this?

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Congrats to you & your Mom on 3 years of great blogging! And what wonderful things you've taken away from it. Love the conversations you've had today w/ the kiddos. :)

Donna M said...

"Kids say the darndest things" Art Linkletter TV show.
How true is that?

dougnlarry said...

That is too funny. I'm still cracking up.

Rebecca said...

lol I think you have a prodigy on your hands with a talking baby there Shans!!!

ROTFL about the *nipple* on your chin, did you squeeze that nipple? hehe

Landerson said...

LOL, that's too cute! Leave it to Pete!

Liz said...

Brutal honesty, that wasn't in any of the baby books I read. I know exactly how it feels. Too funny!

One Crazy Chick! said...

You better put some cream on that nipple. You can't have everyone seeing that nipple that would be crazy!

"Hi" found you on the momblogs.

And, I will be back because you crack me up!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs